4.3"TFT Bluetooth rearview mirror+back-up camera+connected to car DVD
*.4.3" TFT colorful LCD display
*.bluetooth specification V2.1
* back-up camera
*2AVIN . one connected to car DVD , one for back side view
* the jaws can moveable. easy to install for all kinds of car
*Screen lightness adjust
1: Built-in microphone with DSP(Digital signal processing)noise and echo cancellation
2: High quality 4.3" color TFT LCD display caller's ID and number
3: Display outgoing call number
4: Sync with your mobile's phonebook (1000contacts)
5: backup camera. Visual angle 120. Waterproof design (camera opioanl )
6: Camera color CMOS (CCD optional)
7: Touch key (no any button on the mirror)
8: 2AVIN . one connected to car DVD , one for back side view
9: the jaws can moveable .easy to fix on all kinds of car mirror
1. 4.3'' color TFT LCD Monitor
2. 4GHz Wireless Technology
3. Image sensor : CMOS. 640x480 pexel
4. Bluetooth Spec: V2. 1
5. Phonebook Capacity: 1000Entries
6. Profiles Suport : Headset .Handsfree .AVRC & OPP
7. Operatiing Range: 10Meters
8. Input Voltage: DC10-13.5V
9. Noise /Echo Recuction : DSP Noise / Echo Reduction
10. Operating Temperature: -10 ° C to 50 °C
11. Storage Temperature: -20 ° C to 60 °C
Product's Size: 39.8cm*8cm*0.6cm
Packing Box size: 35.5cm*15cm*6.6cm
Mirror Installation – uses parts 1 thru 4
1. Start by matching up the mirrors at the top, with the spring clamps wrapping around the original rearview mirror.
2. Pull the VC99 mirror down to allow the spring clamps on the bottom to snap into place around the original rear view mirror. Tip: Use both hand on either side of the mirror to snap into place evenly. Make sure the mirror is centered before snapping into place
3. . Now power the mirror.
a. 12V Power Adapter
* Take the 12V Power Adapter (Part C) and plug in adapter to top of the VC99 mirror. Plug other end into 12v Power Port in your car.
b. Hard wire
* Take the Hard Wire Power Adapter (Part D) and plug adapter into the top of the mirror. Run cable to fuse box and connect to fused accessory power source.
Refer to your vehicle owner manual for location of available accessory fuses.
4 .At this time, the VC99 mirror is ready to be powered on and can be used as a Bluetooth*Speaker for your car.
Camera Installation*uses parts 1 through 14
Note: Camera installation on diesel vehicles requires special wiring.
Caution: This unit is designed to operate on a 12V DC NEGATIVE GROUND electrical system. Connecting to other types of electrical systems will cause damage to your vehicle. Please contact the manufacturer if you are unaware of the system type in your vehicle.
At the end of this step, the Camera will be mounted on the back of your license plate, with the cables connected and ready to set up the Wireless Signal Booster.
1. Locate the reverse tail lights wiring in your trunk or rear hatch. You may need to remove the interior panel in order to locate. You only need to attach the signal booster power wire to ONE of the tail lights, not both. If you cannot manually locate the tail light cables, please contact the vehicle manufacturer or reference a wiring diagram for your vehicle.
2. At your tail light, remove the light bulb socket from the reverse light housing.
3. Plug the attached wire from the Camera into the Wireless Signal Booster. Ensure that the wires are not tangled.
4. . You are now ready to test the camera.
5. While sitting in the driver’s seat of the car with the key in the accessory position, turn on the Rearview Mirror by touching the button. The Mirror will automatically start when connected to a power source.
6. Put the vehicle in reverse. If you have a clear picture put the vehicle back in park and turn the key to the off position. You are now ready for final steps.
7. Take the Wireless Signal Booster (Part J) and using the double sided . attach the box to the inside of your car.
8. Replace the light socket back into the reverse light housing.
9. Replace any interior panels which may have been removed to access the tail light and close your trunk or rear hatch.
10. Standing with the license plate in one hand and the camera in the other hand, slide the Camera along the top of the license plate in order to determine the placement. Best placement is in the center of the license plate. If you have a rear hatch handle you may need to remove the camera bracket, turn the bracket upside down and reattach to the camera. You would then mount the camera from the bottom of the license plate.
11. Peel off the lining to the double sided tape already attached to the Camera and press firmly to the license plate to secure the Camera. Make sure the back of the license plate is clean before attaching double sided tape.
12. Press the license plate and the Camera mounting firmly to the car to secure and get full contact between the license plate and the double sided tape. Screw the license plate back onto the rear of your vehicle.
13. Once license plate and Camera are secure, you can adjust the vertical angle of the camera to your specific need.
14. As a last check, note the position of the view from the camera when you place the vehicle in reverse. Adjust the angle of the camera as necessary to achieve the best rear view.
A. Power ON/OFF
• VC99 will automatically turn ON when it is connected to a power source
• Touch and Hold to turn VC99 ON/OFF
• When turned ON, VC99 will enter search mode Connecting
NOTE: must have successfully paired and connected to VC99 at least once in order to activate this feature.
Pairing Bluetooth® enabled devices like mobile phones with the VC99 Rearview Mirror Speakerphone
authorizes the devices to work with each other. This step only needs to be performed once.
Before Pairing the VC99 Bluetooth® Speakerphone:
• Ensure the Bluetooth® on your mobile phone is activated
• Ensure the VC99 Rearview Mirror Speakerphone is plugged into a 12V power source
Follow the steps below to pair your VC99 with your mobile phone:
*Power ON the device
*Touch and hold for 3 seconds to enter pairing mode directly
*Screen will indicate Pairing Mode
NOTE: VC99 is now in pairing mode
*Activate the Bluetooth*settings of your mobile phone
NOTE: The following steps are general procedure; to access Bluetooth*Menu for your mobile phone,please refer to your phone user manual.
*Select SET-UP or CONNECT from your mobile phone menu
*Find and select OPTION to discover Bluetooth*devices; establishing a connection may take several minutes
*If found, phone display should indicate VC99 device was detected or Select “VC99”from the list
*Phone should give you a prompt asking if you want to pair the device
*Select OK or ACCEPT and wait for prompt to enter passkey or PIN
*Enter the code “0000”
*Select “OK”to pair and connect the VC99 and the handset
*When pairing is complete, the“VC99”LCD will show Connected (Phone’s ID)
NOTE: The VC99 can pair with more than one phone, however it can only connect to one phone at a time. If you wish to pair to a second phone, disable or turn OFF Bluetooth*on the phone already paired.
NOTE: If the VC99 and mobile handset did not successfully pair, follow the steps below to retry
*Turn the VC99 OFF & ON
*Turn OFF all other Bluetooth*devices before starting the pairing process
*Repeat the pairing instructions from the beginning .
To Link VC99 to your mobile phone after pairing:
*Touch of your VC99 or
*Establishing the connection via your mobile phone
NOTE: Make sure Bluetooth*has been activated on your mobile phone before you touch (Please refer to your mobile’s operation manual about connecting Bluetooth*devices)
VC99 Rearview Mirror Speakerphone can store up to 950 phone numbers. If you are trying to transfer 1100 contacts to the VC99, only the first 950 contacts will be successfully transferred.
AT Command and OPP (Object Push Profile) function can automatically transfer the contacts in your mobile phone to the VC99 Rearview Mirror Speakerphone.
NOTE: Not all mobile phones support OPP or AT Command features, please refer to your phone manual to determine if phone supports one of these.
Phonebook Set-up via AT Command
To transfer the Phonebook from your mobile phone via AT Command:
*Make sure the VC99 and mobile phone is connected
*Touch to enter the sub-menu as right
* select Download contact and touch the to download the phonebook automatically
It will display pb loading
* The LCD will display the alphabet “ A---Z “ as you want the connect name ‘s the first alphabet –selecting the alphabet and touch to your phonebook listing .
If touch , it will return to the last interface.
*Once transfer is successful, LCD will display Completed
*If there is an incoming call during phonebook transfer via AT Command, the transfer process will beplaced on hold. Phonebook transfer will resume after the call ends.
Phonebook Set-up via OPP
The VC99 supports single contact or group contacts transfer via OPP function. For details on operating procedures, please refer to your mobile phone’s user manual.
To transfer the Phonebook from your mobile phone via OPP:
*Disconnect Bluetooth*link from the VC99 setting (if it is connected)
*Setup mobile phone to transfer contacts from the mobile phone to your VC99
NOTE: Please refer to your mobile phone’s user manual for detailed instructions.
Deleting Phonebook entries
To delete Phonebook entry:
*Touch and Contacts will appear on the screen
*still touch to enter the sub-menu
* select Delete Contacts and one touch to confirm
*LCD will display [Yes] [No]
*Select [Yes] and one touch to confirm
*LCD will display Pb Deleted when phonebook is cleared
NOTE: VC99 does not allow deleting of a single entry, ALL entries will be deleted after confirmation.
. Speed Dial Set-up
NOTE: Phonebook should be set up first to activate speed dialing.
To set up speed dialing:
*Touch and Contacts will appear on the screen
*touch agian to enter the sub-menu
* select Quick Dial and one touch to confirm
*Browse for an empty memory slot by touch . There are a total of 3 memory slots for speed dialing
with each slot represented by the / and
*one touch to set contact number
*Browse the initials by /
*one touch to enter
*Browse the phone number that you wish to set to speed dial by /
Selecting “ Display “ and touch to the LCD menu function..
*one touch to confirm
NOTE: Memory slot will automatically replace old contacts with new contacts are set to that
D. Display Setting *Touch / to browsing up and down and touch to implement the function of the selected menu item.
*Touch / to adjusting the LCD brightness. Touch to last interface,
*touch again to enter the sub-menu
*The status bar is shown on the screen.
This indicates the settings level of the LCD display
E. Volume Adjustments
To adjust ring volume:
*touch / to adjust ring volume
touch / to adjust call volume during a call:
If you cannot hear the person you are talking to on the other line, do the following steps while
conversation is in progress:
*Request the person on the other line to adjust his/her mobile phone’s volume level to maximum
If there is a strong echo when the person on the other line talks:
*Transfer the call to your mobile phone
*If echo disappeared, transfer the call to your VC99 again and lower the loud speaker volume until echo is reduced/eliminated
*If the echo remains, the problem might be with the network provider or the mobile phone itself
If the loudspeaker volume of the VC99 is too low or too high and you are unable to adjust it:
*Adjust the volume directly on the mobile phone
*Fine tune it using the volume control of the VC99
To mute the VC99 during an active call:
*Touch and hold the key ≡/ at the same time
*LCD will show MIC OFF
To cancel mute:
* Touch and hold the key ≡/ at the same time again
*LCD will show MIC ON
F. Call Operations
Making a Call
To make a call using the phonebook:
*touch and Contacts will appear on the screen
*one touch to enter the sub-menu
*touch again to select Contact List
*Browse the initials by/
*one touch to enter
*Browse the phone numbers by /
*one touch to dial
Last Number Re-dial:
*Touch / until you find the desired number (Total 20 records including missed calls, outgoing &incoming calls)
1) front of the English name “ →”this key is the incoming number.
2) “←” this key is the calling number .
3) “ ”this key is the missed call number.
4) Touch again to dial current number
To make a call using the Speed Dial function:
*Touch .Phone will automatically dial the number set to Speed Dial for that particular button
To make a call using the Voice Dial function:
To enter voice dialing mode:
*Touch and Hold for 3 seconds
*Say the name after you hear the tone
NOTE: If the VC99 failed to recognize the voice/name. Press to exit and repeat the above steps for voice dialing.
NOTE: Voice Dialing is a feature of your mobile phone. Please refer to your phone’s user manual for voice command operation.
To answer calls via theVC99:
*Touch when ring tone is heard or Answer the call via the mobile handset
To end a call:
*Touch or End call using the mobile handset
To reject a call:
*Touch twice quickly to reject the call or reject the call via your mobile phone in the normal way. when ring tone is heard or Caller ID Display
NOTE: Caller ID Display is a network service, please consult your network provider for details.
Caller ID can be displayed in 3 ways:
a) By Name & Phone Number
VC99 can display the caller’s name when receiving call. To display caller’s name, the name must be stored in the phonebook
b) By Phone Number
Phone number will be displayed if there is no record of that number in the phonebook
c) Withheld Number
When a caller withholds his number, nothing will be displayed
NOTE: Call Waiting is a network service, please consult your network provider for details.
To answer an incoming call during a conversation:
*Touch to hold Line 1 & accept the incoming call (Line 2) or
*Touch to end Line 1 & accept the incoming call
To switch calls between the two lines:
*Touch to switch between lines
Hold the call
*When you on phone , Touch to hold the call . the screen will display “ ON HOLD”
Interchanging VC99 and Handset
You may interchange the call between your handset and VC99 while conversation is ongoing.
To shift fromVC99 to handset or vice versa:
*Touch and hold for 3 seconds
* Disconnect the device
Selecting “ Desconnect ” and Touch .the LCD will display “ Disconnect device? “ selecting the (YES) and Touch to disconnect the device with the mobile phone.
Selecting the ( NO) and press the third key return to the last interface.
G. Parking Assistant
To turn the on-screen display guideline ON/OFF:.
Touch to show and cancel the parking line on the screen
NOTE: Interference may occur if Bluetooth*function & Backup Camera function are activate at the same time.
Parking / Avin
Touch and hold to parking
Touch and hold to Avin
BUTTON FUNCTIONS AND OPERATION
SAFE OPERATIN TIPS
* There is a plastic cover over the camera. Do not scratch the cover when cleaning dirt or snow from the cover.
* The camera has a water resistant construction. Do not detach, disassemble or modify it. This may cause incorrect operation. Camera is water resistant but not waterproof.
* Do not submerged camera in water, which can cause internal damage to the camera.
* If the temperature changes rapidly, such as when hot water is poured on the vehicle in cold weather, the system may not operate normally. Camera can withstand the effects of rain, snow, and inclement weather.
* When the temperature is extremely high or low, the screen may not clearly display objects.
* When strong light directly enters a camera, objects may not be displayed clearly.
* The screen may flicker under fluorescent light.
* The colors of objects on the rear view monitor may differ somewhat from those of the actual object.
* If dirt, rain or snow attaches to the camera, the monitor may not clearly display objects. If water droplets, snow or mud adhere to the camera lens, rinse with water and wipe with a dry cloth.
* Do not use alcohol, benzene or thinner to clean the camera. This will cause discoloration. To clean the camera, wipe with a clean a cloth dampened with mild cleaner diluted with water and then wipe with a dry cloth.
* Will work up to 30 feet. Working distance varies depending on the interference between the monitor and the camera.
* The system is only designed for backup/reserving purposes. IT is not responsible for damages on the system or the vehicle if used for other purposes.
*ALWAYS engage Parking/Emergency/Hand Brakes of the vehicle when testing the system.
* Like most wireless device devices, the system may cause interference to other wireless devices or vice versa. Wireless devices such as WIFI routers, Bluetooth*devices, and mobile handsets may cause interference with the monitor. If this happens you will notice rolling lines, blurry images, or static images on the monitor.
*The system is designed to ADD safety and protection. The device was NOT designed to replace other safe driving habits. Double checking and looking around before backing up is STILL the safest way.
SAFETY AROUND AND BEHIND OTHER VEHICLES
Using a rear-view camera is not enough to completely overcome a vehicle’s blind spot. Many preventable injuries and deaths occur in driveways or parking lots when drivers do not see children, pets, or others near their vehicles. Here are a few safety tips that will help you to avoid a backover accident.
* Walk completely around your vehicle before getting in. Check for kids, toys, and pets before entering the vehicle and starting the engine.
* Know where children are. Have children stand in a place where they are in full view.
* Be aware of young children. Young children are small and hard to see.
* Parents, caregivers and all adults need to be vigilant in supervising children, especially when children are in the yard, driveway or parking lot playing near parked cars.
* Roll down your window so you will be able to hear what is happening outside your vehicle.
* Owners of SUVs, trucks, and vans need to take extra care to avoid hitting or running over a child.
* Teach children to move away from a vehicle whenever it is started.
TESTING AND TROUBLESHOOTING
1. Connect vehicle battery cables
2. Turn ignition to“ON”position without starting the engine
3. Engage parking brakes and put the car in reverse
4. Wait for monitor to show rear view image.
If you are unable to pair your mobile phone with the VC99:
* Turn OFF theVC99 and turn it ON again
* Turn OFF all other Bluetooth*devices before you start pairing
* Ensure your mobile handset’s Bluetooth*feature is activated. Please refer to your mobile handset user guide for specific instructions
* Repeat pairing procedures
* Ensure the VC99 is within a maximum of 10 meters of your mobile handset(s) or Bluetooth*enabled device and there are no obstructions, such as wall or other electronic devices, in between as it may cause interference transmission
The VC99 Rearview Mirror Speakerphone is compliant with and adopts the Bluetooth*Specification V2.1. However, interoperability between the device and other Bluetooth*enabled products is not guaranteed because it depends on compatibility. For more information on the compatibility between the device and other Bluetooth*enabled products, please contact Customer Service.