About Butterfly Orchid
Butterfly orchids, also called moth orchids, are part of the orchid genus Phalaenopsis. Called butterfly orchids because of their delicate blooms shaped like a butterfly or a moth, these orchids are best for growing in the home environment, according to The American Orchid Society. They come in different colors such as white, pink and yellow as well as speckled or striped. Growing and caring for the butterfly orchid in your home environment requires special attention to their specific needs such as location, water and a fertilizer schedule.
Sowing Temperature: 18-20 Centigrade Degree
Germination Days: 10-15 Days
Growing temperature: 25-30 Centigrade Degree
Seedlings Distance: 20*20cm
Sowing to Mature: 2-3 Years
Growth Environment: Love Wet, Cloudy & High Temperature
Seed Longevity: 2 Years
Germination Rate: 85%
1. Please store seed in a cool and dry place.
2. Due to weather conditions or improper cultivation technology losses, not negative seed prices outside of economic responsibility.
3. Seed surface thickness of covering soil is the seed of diameter 1-2 times
4. You may soak seeds in water for 10-12 hours before sowing.
How to Plant Butterfly Orchid
1. Place the butterfly orchid by an east-facing window. Butterfly orchids do not require a lot of light and their leaves may burn if they receive too much sun. Monitor the leaves making sure they are light-green in color. If they are dark-green, the orchid is not receiving enough light and can be moved to a room with filtered sunlight.
2. Provide humid conditions for the butterfly orchid. According to the University of Tennessee Extension, orchids in the Phalaenopsis family need 60 to 70 percent humidity. Set the orchid on a gravel-filled tray with just enough water so that the bottom of the flower pot never touches the water.
3. Water the butterfly orchid with lukewarm water until it runs freely from the drainage holes. The orchid should be watered when the potting medium is nearly dry. Monitor the soil during the summer months for the butterfly orchid may need water every other day.
4. Feed the orchid once a week with a balanced fertilizer, such as 10-10-10, diluted one-quarter of the amount stated on the manufacturer's label. You can also use an orchid fertilizer, which is already diluted. Water the orchid before sprinkling the fertilizer on top of the potting medium and water again with lukewarm water until it runs freely from the flower pot.
5. Repot the butterfly orchid every one to three years in the spring once the orchid has completed blooming. The University of Tennessee Extension recommends using a potting medium containing 60 percent medium fir bark, 20 percent perlite and 20 percent sphagnum moss. Rinse the old potting medium from the roots. Cut any dead or damaged roots and foliage before placing the orchid in a new pot that should be large enough to allow for growth.
If you have any questions about item/order details/shipping/after sales support.please kindly contact us via instant messenger/leave messeage/write an email to us.We will try our best to reply you in few minutes to 12 hours.
1.Item are only shipped afer PAYMENT is received.
2.Please kindly check your ADDRESS carefully while proceeding payment.
3.Please CONTACT US ASAP if you haven't received the package in 30 days.
4.If you haven't received the parcel in 45 days,please kindly allow us 3-5 working days for checking undelivered package before we issue you refund.
1.Before placing your order,please confirm the price and other details with the seller.
2.Please make sure that you already read the entire description and agree to the transaction before your purchase.
1.We rely on our reputation and customer satisfaction to succeed.Therefore ,your feedback is ectremely inportant to us,please leave positive feedback to us if you are satisfied with our goods and service.
2.We care about our valued customers and will always provide help to you consistently.
3.Please give us the opportunity to resolve any problem you might have.We understand the concerns and furstration youmight have and will try our best to resolve the issues with you.
4.Please email us before leaving any negative feedback or opening any dispute on the site.We will help you to resolve your problem quickly and efficiently.
Thank you & Welcome Again!