ICOM IC-V8 TWO WAY RADIO
Quality, simplicity, anywhere
The green polycarbonate front panel and aluminum die-cast chassis provide durability. The 54(W)×132(H)×35(D)mm* compact ergonomic body is easy for carrying anywhere.* 21⁄8(W)×53⁄16(H)×13⁄8(D)in.
16 button keypad for easy-to-access functions
The function guidance is labeled on the 16 buttons. It’s easy to manage all of the functions equipped on the IC-V8 by pushing theFunction key and shortcut keys.In addition, a channel number or an operating frequency can be entered from the keypad directly.
Powerful 5.5W of output power
The IC-V8 generates a powerful 5.5W output with Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery packs, ensuring you a wide communication range. Reversible up/down switches and rotary selector Channel selection, volume, squelch and subaudible tones can be assigned to the up/down switches or rotary selector at your convenience.
5-character alphanumeric display
Letters and numeral character names provide easy recognition of each channel. S-meter, output power, power save, keylock, tone and duplex setting icons show various operating status at glance.
100 memory channels and one call channel
Up to 100 of your favorite frequencies can be stored into the memory with channel name, tone,output power and duplex setting. Furthermore,one call channel provides one touch channel access for a frequently used frequency.
CTCSS and DTCS operation standard
50 CTCSS and 104×2 DTCS tone squelch operation codes (encoder and decoder) provide quiet standby and allow you to access closed repeater. Pocket beep keeps track of calls, and tone scan detects the subaudible tone in the receiving signals.
Standard DTMF encoder and optional DTMF decoder
5 DTMF memory channels with up to 24 DTMF codes allow remote operation. The optional DTMF decoder unit, UT-108, provides code squelch operation and pager function.
• Set mode and initial set mode menu ensure easy operation
• Very fast scanning speed of 40 channels per second(During program scanning)
• Mic. simple remote control with optional HM-75A
• LED backlighting for LCD
• PC cloning capability
• Reverse shift function
• Auto squelch delay
• Frequency coverage : Tx 144–148MHz
*Guaranteed range 144–148MHz
• Mode : FM (F3E, F2D)
• No. of memory Ch. : 107 (incl. 6 scan edges and 1 call)
• Frequency stability : ±10ppm (–10°C to +60°C)
• Operating temperature range:–10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
• Power supply : 7.2V DC (6.0–10.3V DC acceptrequirementable; Icom’s battery packonly)
• Current drain (at 7.2V DC):
• Antenna connector : BNC (50Ω)
Tx 5.5W 2.0A 0.5W 0.8A Rx Max. audio 250mA Standby 70mA Power saved 20mA
• Dimensions : 54(W)X132(H)X35(D) mm;(proj. not incl.) 21⁄8(W)X53⁄16(H)X13⁄8(D) in
• Weight (approx.) : 350g; 12.3oz (w/ant. and BP-222)
• Output power : High 5.5 Low 0.5W (at 7.2V DC)
• Spurious emissions : Less than –60dB
• Max. freq. deviation : ±5.0kHz
• Ext. mic. connector : 3-conductor 2.5(d)mm (1⁄10″)/2.2kΩ
• Receiving system : Double conversion superheterodyne
• Intermediate freq. : 1st 21.7MHz 2nd 450kHz
• Sensitivity : 0.16μV (typ.; at 12dB SINAD)
• Squelch sensitivity : 0.10μV (typ.; threshold)
• Selectivity : 65dB (typical)
• Intermodulation : 75dB (typical)
• Spurious and image rejection:75dB (typical)