CNC machining for Plastic and Metal material Services:
we offers straight CNC machining services. From milling and lathe work to grinding, CNC machining is a viable option for everything from prototypes to low-volume production. We offer many materials, including plastics and metals.
One of the many benefits of our CNC machining services is our ability to use spec material with production-quality tolerances. Once the parts are complete, VistaTek saves the programming and fixturing for future jobs. This makes repeat orders easy and allows us to start low-volume production jobs quickly.
The most common materials used for CNC machining are ABS, nylon,glass-filled nylon, polycarbonate, Delrin, aluminum, steel and zinc. We are not limited to these materials. Also we can make some especial material likePA+GF30%,PA+GF15%,ABS+GF10% ,ABS+PC, PEI, PTFE.
CNC Snapshot Strengths: spec materials/production tolerance Quantities: 1 to low-volume production
Machine Speed: up to 42,000 RPMs Cutters: .006" and larger
New product development and innovation is much more difficult and time consuming than most other business activities. Automotive and medica equipment rapid prototyping greatly enhances learning speed and reduces the risk of new automotive and medica equipment parts development.
Rapid prototyping (RP) technologies for automotive and medica equipment applications is a proven technology used by automotive and medica equipment engineers and designers to produce physical, tangible prototypes to work with in design and testing.
Key Benefits of Automotive Rapid Prototyping:
Reduced design time and cost
Materials used in Automotive and medica equipment Prototypes:
Silicone rubber, ABS, PC, POM, ABS+PC, ABS+GF10%, PA+30%GF, PTFE, PEI,, Aluminum, Stainless steel, Brass, Bronze, Carbon steel, HT steel 4140,Magnesium
Examples of Automotive and medica equipment Rapid Prototype Parts:
Vacuum casting/products prototype
- Vacuum casting of polyurethane resins from silicon rubber tooling offers many advantages.
- low volume manufacture:
- Indirect low volume manufactureing for many companies,low quantities of components are required annually , or indeed the production quantities are not know for a new product,by using low volume production techniques such as vacuum casting,or RIM casting, components can be produced quickly with the minimum of investment. For example to produce 50 small enclosures in an impact resistant,VO rated ABS or PP or PC or PMMA or Rubber like material of varius colours would typically cost $ 10,000 for tooling and moulding and injection,By using low volume production techniques via vacuum casting, The initial cost would be typically $1,000 ,Resulting in a 80% saving, as well as plastic companents , our wax injection molding into silicone tooling can produce low quantities of wax components to be cacrificially cast, in a variety of metals via the lost wax investment casting process ,
- Why spend thousands of pounds on production tooling when there is a much more cost effective?
- Quicker route?
- Production representative parts in a very short time period, as little as 2-3 days from approval of a master model.
- The ability to closely match a wide range of production materials including ABS, PP,PC , Nylon, Rubber etc.
- A wide range of colours are available, as well as water clear. Other features that can be accommodated include heat resistant, fire retardant and live hinge.
- Intricate components can be produced with a wall thickness as low as 0.4mm, as can highly complex insert mouldings.
- Over mouldings can be undertaken, allowing plastics, rubbers and metal to be incorporated into one component.
- Ideal for low volume production runs where conventional injection mould tooling would be prohibitively expensive.
- The ability to produce up to 200 waxes from a tool for use in investment
rapid tooling /sample
Rapid Tooling / Prototyping :( Low Volume Production : Number of application:100 to 10 000 parts )
Lead times for rapid tooling prototypes range from 10 days to 6 weeks. Vowin can supply complete rapid tooling along with injection-molded parts.
Your requirements and your tooling expectations determine the method that we use to create your rapid tooling. Vowin will select the fastest and most cost effective method that meets your requirements. Our rapid tooling and prototyping engineering team stays up-to-date on the latest technologies and advancements in the industry. We will stay on top of the rapid tooling technology, allowing you to do your job and use our expert services as needed.
Prototype / Bridge Rapid Tooling for quantities from 50 to 2,000
* Prove out part design
Short Run / Production Rapid Tooling for quantities from 1,000 to 100,000
* Finalized part design
Technical Overview of Rapid Tooling
Vowin uses 1: Aluminum tooling . 2: old mould base tooling . 3: same new mould base different core Tooling.for our Rapid Tooling. Aluminum tooling is versatile approach to Rapid Tooling, it can be CNC machined, EDMed, textured and can create undercuts. also old mould base tooling meaning use no need mould change to your project new core . and same mould base but different project core tooling meaning many project's new core use the same new mould base
* ABS — Cycolac
We can mold most all thermoplastic materials. Engineering grade resins can also be molded.
Q: What lead times are available?
A: Tooling lead times range from 2-6wks
Q: Can part have undercuts?
A: Parts can be molded with undercuts. Cams, slides, and lifters can be incorporated into the tooling. For low part volumes, hand loaded inserts can be used to help keep costs down.
Q: Do I need draft?
A: As with any plastic part that is to be injection molded, draft is needed. The degree of draft is dependent on several factors, depth of draw, surface finish, textures. 1 degree draft is typically adequate.
Q: Can I have a texture applied?
A: can have textures applied. They can be bead blasted or sent out for specific textures.
Q: What type of CAD file will you need to quote tooling?
A: The file format needed for tooling quotes is STEP, IGES, Pro/Engineer, or SolidWorks
Q: How about the cost if use vowin's rapid tooling method
A: it's will save your many cost, if use our 1: Aluminum tooling . 2: old mould base tooling . 3: same new mould base different core Tooling No 1: we will save the mould material cost, No 2: we will save our make time. No 3: we can repeat use the mould base . so You can be better than ordinary mould province 60%