Healthcare This head wedge is a disposable device capable of keeping the patients head immobilized to any backboard. This device is easy to use and it is completely waterproof.
Large ear holes allow you to monitor the patients ear canal. Closed-cell foam construction is lightweight, but provides excellent support.
Immediate, complete head immobilization. Efficient simplicity can be applied to an injured person by one attendant in a fraction of the time required for other devices. Can be used with or without a cervical collar and allows total accessibility to the throat and ears. Universal size.
Features and Specifications:
Each unit contains:
• (1) disposable head Immobilizer™ (2 separate halves)
• 2 straps
• Foam padding
• All stored in a convenient transparent bag
• Made of water and stain (blood) resistant, dense, nongaseous closed-cell foam
• Meets O.S.H.A. Standards
• Compact size: 5"H x 5"D x 10"L
• Lightweight: 7" oz.
• Straps included to secure device, patient's forehead and chin securely to carrying litter
• Leaves no adhesive residue on carrying litter
• 100% X-ray translucent
• Ideal for many other non-emergency cases
• Operational in any weather conditions from subzero to +100°F
• Color: Blue
• Suitable for orthopedic scoop, backboards, and most other carrying litters
Size is universal and can be used with or without a cervical collar